Monday, April 29, 2013

Stomach Bugs Make Everything Bad

Well, that title should elicit a big ol' "DUH" from anyone reading this.  (Or, as my nine year old has started saying, "Duhr!")  Stomach bugs do make everything bad.  I came down with something yesterday and it knocked me flat on my ass.  All told, I think I ate a little cereal, a little applesauce, a banana and then a little of my mom's home cooked chicken pot pie and a salad (because by dinnertime, I was actually sitting upright and keeping food down).  Today has been better, but I definitely don't feel "normal" and I definitely don't feel like cooking, much less eating.  Thus, I am not sure what is on the menu for tonight.  I am thinking it will be something REAL easy, like Baked Ziti (that I will try to sneak some spinach into).  I STILL have the Tamale Pie on my menu for this week and I STILL didn't use those freaking poblanos, so it may just be a little blander for the lack of [rotted] peppers included in it.  We will see.  I know that my stomach won't take anything really spicy right now, so it looks like Baked Ziti or, hell, grilled cheese sandwiches if I really don't feel well at 5 pm.  Neither sounds remotely tasty to me right now, but I am pretty sure my kids will eat it without complaint.  Winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment