Tuesday, April 9, 2013

How do I Love Thee, Soup?

Let me count the ways...nope.  Not gonna do that.  I thought I might throw some free verse in there, but I'm too tired and this has to be done in a matter of minutes (rather than the hours it could potentially take me to write a poem about my soup, which would probably be a complete waste of time, right?).  I think I have discovered what my true addiction is: soup.  For a while now, a particular kind of soup: Annie Chun's Thai Tom Yum soup, which I have found is like crack in a recyclable, compostable bowl.  You know...having never tried crack or anything.  My point is this though - it.  is.  good.  It is pretty spicy (not of the burn your face off variety) and has the savory-salty-sweet balance that is so characteristic of *real* Thai dishes.  It has noodles (who doesn't love noodle soup?!), chunks of deep fried tofu (better than it sounds, really), slices of shitake mushrooms and Thai chiles, and dices of bok choy, all floating around in a rust colored, salty, spicy broth.  Of course, this is all freeze dried when you put it in the bowl, but, man!  Once you rehydrate it with some hot water, cook it off in the microwave and let it sit for a couple of minutes....yum, indeed. 
The final product: Thai Tom Yum soup...in just 2 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment