Monday, January 4, 2010

Slacking already

The first full week of 2010 is here and I am behind on my blogging goals already!! I did not ever intend to be a daily blogger (how could I with two little girls thwarting my every productive move?), but I did intend to write more than once a week. Ah well....the best laid plans and all of that. The important thing is that I am doing it now while trying to generate some forward momentum for myself this week. My husband returned to work today after an extended holiday vacation. My oldest daughter will be returning to school in two days and my youngest will continue going to her preschool, as she has done, even throughout the holiday break. I......well, I do not know what I am going to do. I spent the last four months of my life re-acclimating to the working world and now, by my own choice, am unemployed again and feeling a little rudderless, if the truth must be told. I should be thankful for the extra time that I now find myself with, both to spend with my children and to work on my own pet projects, but I am kind of at a loss as to how to fill this gaping stretch ahead of me. I mean, I used to do this - stayed at home with the girls, found productive ways to pass the days and was happy doing it. I really did not realize how much I had gotten used to working and being out of the house on a daily basis.

You know what? That is ok. This, like the new year, is a time of transition for me, like it is for so many others. It is ok to feel a little lost right now. I have been there before and I have always found a way for myself. I have my "to-do" list in front of me and a house that has been neglected for the past four months. I have two more days of vacation to create memories with my girls. I have Christmas to dismantle (at least on the exterior of our house) and painting projects to begin. I have workouts planned and the Longhorns to cheer on. I have time to myself, for the first time since the summer, and, lest I forget, school to begin again myself in three weeks. I have a birthday party to plan for my youngest and decisions about how I will see in my 31st as well. Hmmmm.....well, see, there was the way after all. The Gaping Stretch is filled and my enthusiasm for the new year and my new (or rather renewed) situation has returned. As a bonus, I wrote a new blog entry as well. I knew I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment