Monday, June 10, 2013

Fun with Hospital Eating


This one is going to be super, extra fast because I am typing this on my phone from a "couch/bed" in my daughter's hospital room.  Food-wise, I've been scrounging it for the past two days.  Yesterday, after our very first ER visit (what a milestone, right?), I realized I had not eaten in over 8 hours.  That's A LOT for me. (I work out a lot, so I usually end up eating every 3 to 4 hours).  I was literally about to fall over from a super fun combination of hypoglycemia and stress, when my sister presented me with the Best Sandwich Ever.  EVER.  It was so good - turkey and mustard with all the fixings, plus jalapeño kettle chips.  Yum.  My husband brought me a burrito for dinner that was probably the size of my head.  Again: awesomely tasty.  

Today's been slightly less yummy and as weird of an eating schedule: I grabbed a latte and pumpkin bread from the hospital cafe mid-morning, then, mid-afternoon, I had a Clif Bar, beef jerky and a Coke Zero. Yeah, that's right...be jealous.  Be very jealous - not of the food, but of my apparently cast iron stomach.  

So, by the time I made it back across town to our house for a shower and some time with my littlest munchkin, I was craving anything real and especially anything green.  I made myself, my son and my mom (who was keeping my son this afternoon) BBQ chicken sandwiches with a salad of romaine hearts and cherry tomatoes.  Good gracious, it tasted good and fresh.  I'm kind of living for tomorrow, when I hope we get to go home for good, mainly because my breakfast is already in my purse, awaiting consumption: a Clif Bar sans beef jerky.  Breakfast of Champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment