Monday, February 4, 2013

Food this week....

....is probably not going to be my best showing as far as a number of personal criteria go: particularly healthy, nutritious, or unprocessed.  We have stuff going on all week long (new martial arts lessons, other after school activities, meetings, business commitments, etc, etc, etc,) and, I tell you what (can you tell I am from Texas now?)....I just don't have it in me to spend a massive amount of time planning and/or cooking.  I mean, we are going to eat, but our dinners will consist of: bean and cheese burritos (using a more decent brand of store-bought tortillas), chili with cornbread (all of it homemade, because....well, I couldn't completely check out of this week), pulled pork sandwiches (perhaps with some kale harvested from our garden if I am not too lazy) and a leftovers night.  Hmmm....two things just occurred to me: first, this menu doesn't look too atrocious.  I mean, it is definitely kid-friendly and though it contains some processed food items, it is not that bad; and second: I don't think I bought all of the ingredients to make a sauce for the pulled pork.  Crap.  *sigh*  I do have to go to the store in the next day or two for other items, so, if I don't have anything in my pantry that I can cobble together to make a BBQ-ish sauce, I will just pick up what I need when I go out.  I am really not giving myself that hard of a time - I do understand that everyone has off weeks.  Maybe next week I will feel like putting more effort into our dinner meals, but I think I am going to take it kind of easy this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment