Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Couple of New Things

This one is gonna be short, folks. I thought, what with finishing school and getting through wedding season and all, that I was going to have mountains of time in which to write witty/inspiring/laugh out loud (I refuse to use text-speak)/delicious word pictures of the many foods that I try/buy/make/consume. Sadly, I was incorrect in the respect that I have lost all sense of discipline over the past week and a half, and I have found many other things (TV! Fictional novels! Sleep!) with which to occupy my time.

In any case, here are a few quick thoughts: first, after renting a margarita machine for my graduation party this past weekend, I have decided that I am officially tired of margaritas (or "margarinas", as my six-year-old was calling them). I currently have about 1/2 a gallon left in my freezer. (No way were we going to waste good booze by turning it back over to the margarita machine folks!) I am guessing that I am not officially tired of alcohol because I continue to consume all of the post-party goodies in my fridge as well - goodies as in beer mostly.

Second, just as soon as it gets here in the mail (or however it is being delivered to my house), I am planning to try a new diet called, "The Yoga Body Diet". (Wow, Mom! I can hear you rolling your eyes from here!) I am not doing it so much for the weight loss (although, hell, who I am kidding? That would be a nice side-effect), but more for the assessment tests and yoga moves to support health, weight loss and general relaxation. Despite my undisciplined post-culinary school state these days, I still feel kinda stressed, so I figured, ancient discipline based on centering yourself to achieve a calm relaxation? What could it hurt, right? Also, I am pretty excited about getting some new recipes (the book has about 75 of them) added to my already fairly extensive repertoire. I will definitely keep (all four of) you updated on how those recipes and the diet program itself stacks up.

That is about all I have for now and, really, based on my level of anti-productivity these days, that is pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. More to come soon....

1 comment:

  1. Megan I love this! Let me know how the Yoga works out, I know lots of lean ladies that swear by yoga, but doubt they like to eat as much as I do-ha! The party was excellent, lets get together soon. :)

    ReplyDelete