Monday, February 10, 2014

Little Change Here....

You know, for so long I was committed to making this a food blog exclusively, but I have come to the realization that this is not and never has been a "traditional" food blog.  My sister calls it my "wall[s] of words", which is an apt description, I think. My original-original intent was to provide an avenue in which for me to write on a regular basis.  I then altered course just slightly and enjoyed the possibility of making this blog "successful" in the sense of gaining a larger following while potentially making some sort of income driven by my *shameless self promotion* brilliant writing.  What I have found is this: if you like to read, my blogging style is probably for you.  If you like to look at lots of pictures - well....not so much.  (I sometimes manage a couple of photos, but never consistently.)  

I am actually going to embrace my wall-of-words-writing-style and make an executive decision about the content of my blog.  Since it is, after all, MY blog, I am just going to write about....whatever I feel like writing about.  I am pretty sure I can stay within the overall theme of my blog, especially in relation to the name I chose: "Making Everyday Gourmet".  Some days, I may write about food and in particular what I am cooking for my family of five, but other days, I may speak more to the act of metaphysically making every day "gourmet".  What the hell does that mean?  I don't know - just about making life a little bit better, a little bit fancier, a little bit happier.

As I said in my previous post, I have added to my repertoire of skills by becoming a fitness instructor in addition to my business of making cakes in addition to my full time job of co-parenting three lovely children.  Sometimes fitness topics are on my mind more than food.  Sometimes parenting challenges are on my mind more than fitness.  Sometimes struggles through life are on my mind more than parenting.  (Sometimes I can be beyond random.  Just go with it.)

I don't really know who, if anyone, reads this blog, but in this increasingly virtual culture and world that we live in, for some reason, writing this blog is a form of catharsis for me.  (Like someone, somewhere might read it and identify with whatever issue I'm addressing.)  I've decided that I need the "wall of words" release more than I need to stick to any one particular theme.  Don't worry - for those of you who have told me personally that you read my blog and enjoy my culinary trials and tribulations, I expect there will still be plenty of those.  Food is after all central to *most* of our lives and food is perpetually one of my true passions in life.  I've just got some other stuff on my mind right now and this seems as good a place as any to explore it.  We will see what I come up with, but I thought I would just give everyone a virtual heads up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment