Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You Know That Thing When You are Grilling...

And you have all of your food - veggies and hamburger patties - lined up nice and pretty on your wonderful, propane-powered grill and you go inside and when you come back five minutes later, you wonder why the grill is cold all of a sudden and your food is no longer cooking, but just sitting there having one big cross-contamination par-tay?  Yeah, that super sucks and I discovered why I miss my natural gas grill the other night (despite the fact that I accidentally set that one on fire, and which considering the gas connected directly to the house, it could have been BAD.  Real bad).  My propane ran out, in the middle of cooking dinner for my in-laws, and all I could hear in my head was Hank Hill's voice wondering why I hadn't checked my "propane and propane accessories" before I started cooking.  (I didn't really watch that show much - just enough to get that line good and freaking stuck in my head, especially when it comes to my grill.)  It wasn't that big of a deal, really, but I did have to haul everything off of the stone cold grill and back inside for a mish-mash of stove top and electric grill cooking.  Good times.  Now I get to go to the hardware store and refill my propane tank.  Extra good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment