Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fast Blogging


Here is a new trick: let's see how fast I can write something because I am quickly running out of time to work on the computer this morning. I have yet to take a shower after my pre-dawn boot camp and I must be on the road, headed to school in less than 2 hours. Plenty of time yet, I know, but pounding out anything on the computer this morning seems to be taking an inordinately long time, so I am just giving myself a heads up. So, we talked a little about food and we tried to be funny about wine, which must bring us to cakes. Yeah, I know, that is not actually a logical progression, but I am working on cakes for the next couple of weeks and they are on my mind for the time being. I am making an Alice in Wonderland themed cake for a birthday party this weekend and I am pretty excited about it. I have everything all planned out, from the white, red and red/white roses that will adorn it, to the fondant hearts, pocket watch and perhaps some playing cards that will grace it as well. I love it when cake designs just pop into my head and I don't have to fight with them. The cake for next week was one of those fights - I just couldn't get my mind around what I wanted to do with it. I had kind of a general idea for how it would look, but for some reason, the overall composition just wasn't gelling in my head. Finally and thankfully, inspiration struck last night (with a little help from my sister and her best friend) and I think I have everything figured out. It is to be somewhat safari themed (this is for a baby shower for a very dear friend of mine, by the way), but based specifically upon the nursery set that the couple picked out. I don't know what made the design so hard - it was likely a combination of planning for the other cake and trying to write a six course menu for school all at the same time. I guess I just didn't have enough brain space for everything and have found, upon clearing some of the rest of the stuff off of my plate, so to speak, I was able to access some measure of creativity and come up with something. Seriously, that came as quite a relief. I hate not having things organized, planned out, etc. It really makes me crazy. Did I mention that I have a touch of OCD? Self-diagnosed, but still. Anyway, it is all good for right now. I guess I shall go shower and prepare myself for school. I will have to work up some kind of enthusiasm for class today - it helps me stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment